Collection and Use of Personal Information by GSTV
We collect User information (which includes both personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information) either (1) directly, through the GSTV Site, or (2) indirectly, through affiliate sites or third party sites.
User Provided Information: We will only collect personally identifiable data, such as your name, email address or telephone number, when it is voluntarily submitted to us at the GSTV Site or when it is voluntarily submitted to third-party companies working in conjunction with GSTV for a promotion, sweepstake or other purpose. GSTV and the companies we work with will collect and use this information subject to the terms of service and privacy policies governing their respective websites.
Log File Information: When you use the GSTV Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of your request that may uniquely identify your browser.
We may use log file information to: (a) provide custom, personalized content and information; (b) monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; (c) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed and (d) track any of your entries, submissions and status in any promotions, sweepstakes and contests, as applicable.
We may also collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, street address, and phone number
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address
- Demographic information such as age, gender, interests, country and zip code
- Unique identifiers such as user name and password
- Preference and other information such as wish lists, viewing and purchase history, marketing preferences and cell phone carrier
We or one of our trusted partners may use this information to:
- Send you requested updates and newsletters about a particular product, retailer, or related special offers
- Send you requested service information
- Send a one-time email or e-card to your friends upon your request when you provide their email address
- Fulfill your purchase requests
- Send you an order/purchase confirmation
- Respond to requests, questions and concerns
- Administer your account
- Process information submitted with a service inquiry and/or product request
- Send you marketing communications
- Improve our marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
We may provide your personal information to companies that help us with our business activities such as processing credit card transactions, fulfilling your orders/purchases, assisting us in site operations, providing customer service and delivering email newsletters. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services.
We may also share your personal information:
- With GSTV partners affiliates and representatives
- With reputable third parties in whose products or services we think you may have an interest
- With representatives of former affiliates
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request
- In connection with a corporate change including a merger, acquisition or sale of assets
- To any other third party with whom we have an affiliate or business relationship at that time
We may also release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
You may choose to stop receiving newsletters, updates or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the particular emails. Some sites also allow you to change your email preferences within your online profile.
If you choose to join a mobile marketing list, please be aware that there are usually costs associated with receiving SMS (text) or MMS (multimedia) messages depending on your wireless carrier and plan. You should check with your mobile carrier to determine what charges apply before signing up to receive our updates via your mobile phone. If you would like to stop receiving messages from us on your mobile phone, please reply to the message with “STOP.” You may also contact your wireless carrier for additional information on receiving or stopping mobile messages.
We automatically collect information as you browse our site(s) such as the domain name, Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
We, and some of our third party partners, may also use Flash cookies to store some of your preferences or personal information.
We have opted-in to ‘The LeadLander Contact Network’. LeadLander is a web analytics tool, similar to Google analytics. However The LeadLander Contact Network pools together contact information collected through any forms or email campaigns of ours, and any other LeadLander opted-in website forms or email campaigns, to identify a visitor to this Site. Whenever a visitor goes to any LeadLander opted-in website, LeadLander can display the visitor by their name and email address in its reports.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive billing information on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). If you choose to use a third party payment option to pay for your order, its privacy statement and security practices will apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after receipt. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We periodically update these security measures as appropriate as new technologies become available.
Our Commitment To Children Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, GSTV does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non- personally-identifiable information on the GSTV Site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the GSTV Site at any time or in any manner. If GSTV learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the GSTV Site without verified parental consent, then GSTV will take the appropriate steps to delete this information as required by law.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
Date Last Modified:
Please contact GSTV with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by sending an email to us at email@example.com or write us at: Gas Station TV, Inc, Attention: Website Coordinator, 1201 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48226.